Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Things Have Run Amuck!

This post will be based more on a personal note than usual. I've since fallen into a mad state of affairs, causing me to be not only without a vehicle, but also without an affordable place to live. I've struggled with last minute plans to find a friend to board with until I get on my feet, or find a place of my own. At the same time manage getting my car fixed, which has been nothing but a financial anchor since it broke down. To sum that situation up, I have to continue to pay for a truck that I didn't break, and not a single person, either at the dealership or the warranty company will offer any feasible solution to my problem. So, then I am forced to reckon with getting the engine fixed so that I have something to drive, and this has led to endless bills of storing the vehicle, getting the problem inspected, and towing it all over creation. All in all, I have probably spent over $3000 in not getting it fixed.
So onto the next obstacle. Now, I work 5 days a week, about 8 to 9 hours a day, and having no personal life (thus not spending a dime), I still cannot afford to rent the cheapest apartment in my area. I have to resort to dirty, run-down shares, and I make enough to possibly start a down payment on a house.
To make the point here, leaving out all the other nuisances in my life, I'd have to say for a person who pulls in $80,000 a year, I live like I'm on welfare. What kind of economy have we been dragged into. Where's the value? Where's the prosperity? Am I wrong here? Is $80,000 the bottom of the earnings heap? It seems to me something is amiss in this country, when an individual who makes that much, not having a family, not having a car, not owning a home, and never enjoys himself, is forced to live in near poverty. I'd like to have an explanation here.

1 comment:

  1. I know you don't live in the great state of arizona because I make 60 a year own a 2100 SQ FT home own 2 vehicles older but paid off. I also have 2 little girls and a wife that doesn't work.
    You should look into moving. I love it hear.

    ReplyDelete