Friday, October 06, 2006

Playing the Party Game

I am ecstatic about all this investigation of Senator Foley. I applaud the Democratic Party for having some balls to finally go on the offensive against the Republican party. Now let it be known that I am not a registered Democrat, in fact I am voting on the Independent ballot this year. Personally I am fed up with this two sided lock out that the U.S. political make up has. The U.S. needs some political party diversity for once. I've seen right wing Republican politicians assume this pompous attitude that they are privileged to be leaders of this country, where they force feed all their conservative, old world ideals upon our citizenry. Why do I feel reminded of dialogues of Cotton Mather, and notions of Puritanical American legislation whenever I hear or read about these type of politicians. On the flip side I despise the Democrats and their avoidance at every turn of commiting hard to their platforms. Ironically, this political character is well reflected in the Republicans, because I may not like what they stand for, but I do respect the fact that they don't back down from what they support.
All in all I think all this investigation of whomever it is nowadays is ridiculous, and too childish for a bunch of properly grown men to be participating in. First of all we need a congress that can effectively stand up to the Bush Adminsitration's run away with the leadership in this country. It's taken the system of Checks & Balnaces and tossed them out the window of the capital. We need some new party representation that thinks differently, won't be susceptible to the "blame game", and will REPRESENT its citizens. Has the political infrastructure of the U.S. been widdled down to simplistic extremist nationalism? I am patriotic, but what's so patriotic about supporting a party that prances around with little boys and girls? What's so patrtiotic about fighting a war thousands of miles away, that has no leader to fight against, and will never be a threat to U.S. national security any longer? Where's the patriotism in supporting a president and his administration, who lie and manipulate its citizens into thinking war is the answer to all our problems against terrorism? We were promised closure in Iraq, and a solution, and now matters are worse than when we started off over there.
Consider your party status, and look into all the things that your party represents. Ask yourself, "Does it encompass all my needs as a citizen?" It most cases you'll be answering no to more than half of your questions. Establish something new, based on your principles, and make it grow to the point of challenging the status quo of politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment